What are healthy boundaries? What makes setting and maintaining them so hard?
How does this affect our work as interpreters?
Saying “yes” to ourself requires us to say “no” to someone else. This is the heart of healthy boundaries that many of us struggle with.
Join me to discuss this tricky topic and develop tools to make holding clear, kind, healthy boundaries much easier.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 0.2 GS CEUs
- Connection with other interpreters for support + community
- A definition of what the heck healthy boundaries are
- Practice identifying the triggers that make it hard for you to hold healthy boundaries
- Practice tuning into your guidance system to identify your healthy boundaries
- Practice communicating your boundaries to others - even if it’s scary
All you need to do:
- Enroll in the course to get on-demand access
- Complete the material at your own pace
"The past and the future fall into the "other" yard - a great reminder! I've learned to give myself some grace - not only around recognizing when my boundaries feel crossed, but also in recognizing the affects and practicing my responses."
- Anne, Healthy Boundaries Student
Brea (like the sea) Cross-Caldwell (she/her) holds her CI/CT from RID, B.S. in Interpretation from Western Oregon University, Coach Certification from Coach Training Alliance, and is a Mental Health Coach.
She’s the founder of Burnout Proof Academy and has supported thousands of interpreters in preventing burnout and re-igniting the passion in their lives and work through developing habits of self-care.
Her home is Portland, Oregon, where she loves to write, read, and play near water with her husband and kids. You can find her online at brighterfocus.com.
"I love how positive and knowledgeable Brea is about these topics that do not get discussed enough! I think she did an awesome job of creating such a warm, welcoming, and safe environment!"
- Elisa, Healthy Boundaries Student
StartLesson 1: Welcome (6:08)
StartLesson 2: Goals + Grounding (6:16)
StartLesson 3: Introductions (18:05)
StartLesson 4: What are boundaries? (11:23)
StartLesson 5: What makes healthy boundaries hard to identify or maintain? (7:15)
StartLesson 6: What makes healthy boundaries hard? Discussion (5:16)
StartLesson 7: Mindful Awareness + Self-Compassion (6:21)
StartLesson 8: Your guidance system (10:27)
StartLesson 9: Feeling our feelings (5:50)
StartLesson 10: Communicate (7:08)
StartLesson 11: What are you taking away? (7:01)