"Let go of who you think you're supposed to be and embrace who you are."
Join us as we read and discuss
The Gifts of Imperfection, by Brené Brown
From the book's description:
"Now more than ever, we all need to cultivate feelings of self-worth, as well as acceptance and love for ourselves. In a world where insults, criticisms, and fears are spread too generously alongside messages of unrealistic beauty, attainment, and expectation, we look for ways to “dig deep” and find truth and gratitude in our lives. A new way forward means we can’t hold on too tightly to our own self-defeating thoughts or the displaced pain in our world. Instead, we can embrace the imperfection."
Join the Burnout Proof Book Club to create community and grow your support system as you learn and practice what it means to embrace imperfection.
All you need to do:
- Enroll in the course
- Purchase and read or listen to The Gifts of Imperfection
- Answer discussion questions for each section of the book
- Watch the discussion recording or choose another final reflection project
- Receive 0.75 GS RID CEUs!
- You’ll have access to complete this course until December 31, 2022 when Burnout Proof Academy closes
"Loved the zoom call to discuss and connect and process aloud. I hung up and felt invigorated and like I had finished another [stress] cycle!"
- Stephanie, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club
Brea (like the sea) Cross-Caldwell (she/they) holds her CI/CT from RID, B.S. in Interpretation from Western Oregon University, Coach Certification from Coach Training Alliance, and is a Mental Health Coach.
As the founder of Burnout Proof Academy, Brea has supported thousands of interpreters in preventing burnout and re-igniting the passion in their lives and work through developing habits of self-care.
Her home is Portland, Oregon, where she loves to write, read, and play near water with her husband and kids. You can find her online at brighterfocus.com.
"Another PD with Brea where she knocked it out of the park! Thank you Brea for being you and for sharing your wealth of love/joy and knowledge!!!"
- Krista, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club
Frequently Asked Questions
"This course was very accessible and I loved the self pace. I accessed it via audiobook which was a life saver!!"
- Alyssa, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club