Do you find it easier to care for others than to take care of yourself?
You're not alone! So many heart-centered humans do, especially within the context of the past year.
Join us as we read, discuss and put into practice the wisdom of
From the book’s description:
“Sisters Emily Nagoski, PhD, and Amelia Nagoski, DMA, are here to help end the all-too-familiar cycle of feeling overwhelmed and exhausted. They compassionately explain the obstacles and societal pressures we face - and how we can fight back.
With the help of eye-opening science, prescriptive advice, and helpful worksheets and exercises, all women will find something transformative in these pages - and will be empowered to create positive change.”
This book speaks directly to the experience of those socialized as women, and is also very applicable to anyone who’s feeling emotionally tapped-out.
Join Burnout Proof Book Club to create community and grow your support system as you practice completing your stress cycle and healing from emotional exhaustion.
All you need to do:
- Choose a payment option and enroll in the course
- Purchase and read Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, by Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- Answer discussion questions for each chapter
- Participate in the Live discussion 8/11/21 5:00 - 6:00 pm pacific or watch the recording
- Complete the course evaluation
- Receive 1.3 GS RID CEUs!
"The book club was outstanding. I am looking forward to more book clubs, Zoom meetings and workshops. Thank you!!"
- Sabrina, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club
Brea (like the sea) Cross-Caldwell (she/her) holds her CI/CT from RID, B.S. in Interpretation from Western Oregon University, Coach Certification from Coach Training Alliance, and is a Mental Health Coach.
She’s the founder of Burnout Proof Academy and has supported thousands of interpreters in preventing burnout and re-igniting the passion in their lives and work through developing habits of self-care.
Her home is Portland, Oregon, where she loves to write, read, and play near water with her husband and kids. You can find her online at brighterfocus.com.
"Another PD with Brea where she knocked it out of the park! Thank you Brea for being you and for sharing your wealth of love/joy and knowledge!!!"
- Krista, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club
Frequently Asked Questions
"Loved the Zoom call to discuss and connect and process aloud. I hung up and felt invigorated and like I had finished another stress cycle!"
- Stephanie, Sign Language Interpreter, Participant of Burnout Proof Book Club